Friday, September 11, 2009

I Should Read What I Write

Well....here we are again. I have been a slacker. As someone who preaches no excuses...I will be the first one to admit that I have been totally lame the last 2 weeks. Too much beer (even if it is low cal/carb).....Eating junk......not running enough.....not blogging...now I am looking at the OSU Game, Bengals Opener....and Metalica on Tuesday. Not looking good at all.

And you know what...I feel like crap. I have not felt full in 7 months...and right now I am full. Again...not good. Only one thing to do....suck it up and get back on the horse. There are tons of excuses, but I can't let myself accept that. I let myself down. The fact is, I just have not been getting it done when it comes to my diet and exercise and I have fallen back into bad habits so enough is enough. I have more weight to lose and I have to get it done.

So tomorrow is another day....I owe my buddy Scott a 5K run in the morning since I had to bail on him for the Race for the Cure so we are starting the day with an early morning run and starting over. Yes...I am going to Columbus for the OSU / USC game tomorrow....yes, that is going to be a tough one....college football and diets don't mix real well, so what I will have to focus on is how great it felt to actually be able to buy jeans from The Gap. How nice it was to be able to sit in a booth in a restaurant. How I felt to crossing the finish line at the Flying Pig ( even if it was just a 5K) it was a marathon for me!

So thanks to Scott for making me feel like crap for not running tomorrow, but come on....free OSU Tix and a hotel room?? How can I pass that up. I will run / walk / limp a 5K in the morning for you. Plus I just got my new running shoes! And thanks to Cammy for reminding me that "My Public" needed to hear from me!!! And motivating me to get my head on straight again.

As I said before....there is not a quick fix for being fat. I didn't get to over 300lbs overnight and I will not take it all off overnight. It is a journey.....so lets keep journeying.

Until tomorrow.....




No comments:

Post a Comment