Monday, August 24, 2009

Excuses, Excuses.....

OK...I am back.....What Happened??? I got lazy! The same as I did last month. I hurt my knee, I was going on a guys weekend, business is slow, getting the girls ready to go back to school.....you name it, they were all excuses for me to "start again next week".

Well.....next week is here and it is time to get to gettin. The good news is that my weight has not gone up. While I was lazy, I was not totally stupid. Yes, I drank too much beer. But, it was still only Mich Ultra...(lame, I know) I did try the new Bud Select 55....55 calories and 1.3 grams of carbs per beer. Unfortunately, that is about all you can say about it. Anything that makes Mich Ultra taste good.....we'll....nuff said. Sorry Budweiser, if you still want a corporate sponsor, I can give it another try.

OK...today...I am back on track. Chicken, protein shakes, running, lifted....feeling good. Plus I got a new grill so I can grill up all that chicken! So, I didn't put on any weight, but I didn't lose the 10 lbs I should have in this time.

My buddy Jamie and I went down to Bristol, TN this weekend to watch the NASCAR race. We had a blast! If you have not been...go check out a race. There are no words to do it justice. Anyway....the only good that has come out of the last 2 weeks is that it dawned on me that there was no way on earth that I could have done this trip last year at this time carrying 70 extra pounds. We had about a 4 mile walk each way to and from the track to the car. Not to mention, it was a 15 minute walk from the entrance to the track just to get to the seats. After the race we had the 4 mile walk back, in pitch black, in the rain, mud, barbed wire ( don't ask) a maze of RV's and 165,000 of our closest friends. Oh, did I mention the 20 flights if steps we climbed to get to our seats?

AND....2 cute Tennessee girls flagged us down, picked us up and gave us a ride to the track from the parking lot. Yeah...they were just looking to make money...but don't ruin it for me. As far as ya'll (my new favorite word) are concerned...2 hot little southern girls picked me up! Even if they did call me "mister"

Anyway, the point is that last year I was so overweight and out of shape, that I could not have physically done this trip, and that would have been a shame because while I may have had a few (or 13) Mich Ultras, this was really a great trip that chances are I would have passed on last year.

And that got me thinking. How many things that I have passed on in my life because I was overweight? I never wanted to go to the pool with the girls. Sports, as much as I loved them, were out of the question. Anything where I had to dress up I avoided because no matter what the temperature was, I would be in an embarrassing sweat. I was not only doing myself a disservice, I was doing the same thing to my friends and family. And I can name at least 10 other people that are reading this Blog who are in the same situation...you know who you are. So, if you are not going to do it for yourself, do it for your family....do it for your kids....do it for your friends...but most importantly get off your fat butt and do it....ya'll

Talk to you tomorrow.

d

No comments:

Post a Comment