Thursday, January 7, 2010

Let it Snow....

So the White Death finally made it. I guess closing the schools was a good idea after all. Pretty uneventful day today. Mixed things up by having my favorite grilled chicken wrap from Wendy's for lunch. At least going through the drive thru let me feel like I was not on a diet. But honest to God....how many more ways can they find to get bacon on a sandwich??? They are like Pizza Hut with cheese......can there possibly be any more locations on a pizza to stick cheese? Anyway, I digress.

Patrice always informs me that we have grilled chicken and tortillas here...why go through Wendy's. One it is convenient...two, I think there is something to be said for going through the drive thru. Its not about the money...it is really almost a social thing. I personally will go crazy if I just pack my lunch everyday, eat my salad or chicken and go right back to work. I am to the point where I know I will not be tempted by the giant glossy Baconator poster in the drive thru. Alright, I am tempted, but it is really just wasting 2 days of a diet by the time you burn that thing back off It is just a nice change of pace from the bucket of protein powder and zip-lock bag of chicken.

The same holds true for stopping at the bar and having an Iced Tea or Diet Coke. Yeah a beer would be nice, and yes I have Diet Coke at home, but maybe just those 20 mins where you can just sit at the bar and be Dave-not Dad, Husband, Business Owner, Board Member, is worth more. I know...I am breaking new ground here....people go to bars for other reasons than to get a beer.

Anyway......exercise today-shoveling snow. I will hit the weights a little later as well. My neighbor busted me though because I used my leaf blower on my deck. Well....you cant use a snow shovel, that would tear up the wood! I shoveled the rest.

Stay warm.... Eat mor chikin

No comments:

Post a Comment