Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcome Back to Life

Welcome back to life. The holidays are over....the alarm was going off at 5:45.....dragged 2 kids out of bed who had absolutely no desire to go back to school...made breakfast...packed lunches for everyone and out the door to the bus at 7:30. Worked all day trying to save the world from bad commercials as best we can on a budget....get home....get Cora off to swimming....Get Claire's homework going...cook dinner....lugged the Christmas tree to the curb. Now.....wouldn't it be great to stop off at the bar and have a few beers, and catch the UC game.

NOOOOOOOO......how about some Laura's lean ground beef with some lettuce and taco seasoning.....now we are talking.

I tried to go for a run to get my cardio in, but I figured blowing out my knee by slipping in the snow was probably not in my best interest. So 7 rounds on the heavy bag for me, in addition to hitting the weights. Man...I really wanted to try out my new reflector bracelets I got for Christmas too.......if figure if I end up giving up running, I can always use these for my Super Hero costume.

I think squats are the best exercise ever. Period. Of course talk to me tomorrow when I can't get up out of my chair. After 3 sets, I was breathing heavier than I ever have after running. Not a lot of people like to do them....you know why??? They are FREAKIN HARD to DO! Throw 200lbs on a bar and factor in that I am already moving 280 lbs of body weight and that will get r done. Metabolic discomfort as my brother likes to say.

Sticking do the diet was pretty easy today. Being busy helps. It seems like with eating 6 small meals a day you are always eating, planning your meal, cooking your meal or shopping for your meal. Speaking of which...I am off to broil up some chicken!

Talk to you tomorrow........

2 comments:

  1. Don't you have a wife dude? You're making sandwiches, doing homework and doing dinner? You're working harder at home than I am.

    ReplyDelete