Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Much Harder this Time Around

Hi all.....felt bad for not running today so I got in a quick half hour of lifting at 10:30pm. Now...I am wired so here I am. I mentioned this the other night, but this is much harder this time around. I have dropped 10 lbs since the 5th, but this time is requiring much more work and dedication. My short term goal is that we are going on a trip to San Diego in April so I want to be in as good of shape as possible. Mainly just to squeeze into the plane for that amount of time! Even at a good weight, I am not built for an airplane.

Work was busy busy today, still working now in fact, which is why I was not exactly motivated to get out an run. Although one of my buddies I run with stopped by the office today and reminded me The Pig is May 3rd. Even though I am not doing the marathon...the 10K is a marathon to me. Hopefully it will be above freezing for a few days and I can log some miles. The good that has come from not running is that I have been lifting more and just benched 300lbs for the first time in awhile. I can add a shoulder joint to the knees that I am going to blow out with all of this. Feels good to push yourself though.

Tonight's chicken flavors were Jerk and Curry. (Why you all read this I have no clue) I will have to admit the house smells a little weird though. Not a good combination.

Received some nice emails and Facebook notes from people starting their own little weight loss journeys in the Real World. Best of luck to Scott and Nichole as they start to achieve their weight loss goals.

Thats about it for tonight.......

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Dave! You've inspired me to get off my butt, quit eating junk and get back into shape. Saturday Jason and I and are throwing all the bad food out of the house and we are going to the grocery store while Tyler is at a b-day party to get all new healthy food. The whole family is getting a diet makeover. I can't wait! Good Luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on Big Dave...I am doing it differently but trying to do it nonetheless...keep up the blog and let's grab a grilled chicken sandwich (no bread) and an iced tea sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete