Saturday, January 2, 2010

Time to Get it Going Again

If you are going to play in the Summer (and Fall) you have to pay in the Winter. Tomorrow marks the beginning of another round of heavy dieting. For the next 30 days, I am going to be very strict on what I eat and force myself to workout everyday. And share every bit of it with you guys!! Aren't you lucky!!

Overall, I am happy with last year's efforts. For the year I ended up keeping off 62lbs. Yes, I lost more and yes I put some back on. I am really looking forward to the next 30 days to see how much weight I can lose and then work on maintaining that. My goal is to lose another 38 lbs so I can make it an even 100. Then as I said I need a solid maintenance program. But first things first.

I am looking forward to this because last year when I started this, I was unable to do any type of running and very little cardio because of my weight. That is not the case this year. I am in much better shape starting this off, so I am hoping that the results come easier. Another running goal is to run the 10K (thats 6.2 miles for those of you following along at home) at the Flying Pig this year.... We shall see...the knees are not what they used to be, and they were never good in the first place.

My mom gave me a book by John Bingham, "The Penguin" nicknamed so because of his waddling running style and it has been very inspirational so far. The best quote that I have come across in my reading is my new motto...."The only person you have to outrun, is who you used to be" For me this sums it all up...

Stay tuned for updates!!! And if you are starting this journey for yourself......good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment