Thursday, August 6, 2009

Oh Man.....

So today I received an interesting email. I will not call you out publicly, but you know who you are. It was from a nutritionist telling me that "I was doing a disservice to the diet industry because my diet was not nutritionally sound."

Oh...man....

First, thank you for reading my blog. I appreciate your interest. And thank you for taking the time to email me. I have never met you, and I am not sure how you found me, but thank you again for taking the time out of your apparently not so busy day to email me.

My response....NEITHER IS A McGRIDDLE!

Drastic times, call for drastic measures honey! You can be as nutritionally sound as you like when you can cram yourself into smaller jeans. Right now we are focused on losing weight. I am not sure what constitutes nutritionally sound as I have a degree in television not nutrition, but all I know is that I lost 70 lbs in 7 months, my blood sugar, blood pressure and cholestorel went down, and I can now run. So if that is what nutritionally not sound gets me...sign me up! I told you from the begininning I have no training in this and don't sue me when you fall over dead.

I could go on for awhile with you, but if you would like, I welcome you to post a comment here and explain exactly what I am doing wrong.

That should about handle that. Now, today there is a special treat for you. If you are doing the diet, you get to have 190 calories and 5.2 grams of carbs from beer. Thats right..I went to Quaker Steak and drank 2 Mich Ultras. Here is what I did to justify that in my head.

Breakfast- My favorite protein shake

Lunch- A turkey and swiss sandwich on wheat. But Medium Dave you ask....bread...carbs...bad. Carbs are not bad. You just shouldn't eat a whole lot of them if you are trying to lose weight. And they could have come from a Baconator and not a turkey sandwich. I needed the carbs, because, I played tennis for an hour and a half. Ran 2 miles, then cut the grass at 6:30 in the heat.

To reward myself, I continued to carbo load with 2 Mich Ultras and had the boneless wings at The Lube, which are just grilled chicken with some sauce. No breading and no deep fry.

Now I have come to the realization that I am old and tennis, running and cutting the grass was not the best plan because my knees are killing me, and the 2 beers have done nothing but make me feel full. BUT. I have lost 5 lbs since Monday, although I will say I took full advantage of weighing in after sweating for 3 hours and not eating since lunch. But in my mind...the scale says 5 lbs less than it did on Monday!

Keep being not nutritionally sound!


1 comment:

  1. This may be my most favorite post ever. You call out McGriddles (um, hello, they are McYums, thankyouverymuch) and you call yourself Medium Dave. Awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete