Sunday, August 2, 2009

Time to finish what I started!


First off...welcome to my blog. Secondly, you must have something better to do than to read this!!! I am using this blog as a way to record my thoughts and motivate me to continue on this journey. If I happen to help, inspire or entertain someone along the way, even better.

It is time to finish what I started at the beginning of the year and lose the rest of the weight that I want to lose. While I still have been working out and eating fairly well, I have been "enjoying" the summer a little too much the last few weeks and the weight loss has stalled out. It is amazing how fast you can fall back into old habits.

So...starting Monday it is back to the diet. Thanks to all of you have have been encouraging me along the way, your support keeps me going! A lot of you have asked for tips on what I have been doing. "Whats your secret?" The answer is simple. There is no secret....when you eat right and work out, you will lose weight. You can't take a pill, drink a juice, stand on your head 3 times a day and bow towards Rally Burger and think that you will lose weight. The ONLY way to do this is to change the way you think about yourself and the food you eat. The ONLY way to do this is to eat less and workout more. Period end of sentence.

That being said, I am going to post what I am eating and the workouts that I am doing. For those of you at home who would like to follow along, knock yourself out. Just know, I have no formal training in this, or anything for that matter, all I am doing is posting what has worked for me and things I have learned along the way. Hopefully it will work for you. Hopefully you will not fall over dead. If you do fall over dead, do not sue me. I don't have much that I own outright anyway. The old line of "check with your doctor" applies here.

So stay tuned for random thoughts and some ideas for some pretty bland meals. But if you are trying to lose weight, I hope for the both of us that this works!

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up and get back on the horse!

    Your brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am riding the horse.....just sometimes it goes the wrong direction. Damn horse

    ReplyDelete